Friday, June 19, 2009

Family

I didn't have much of a family growing up. Mom and Dad divorced and my dad moved away. I was four when this happened and I didn't see him again until now. I am only 12 hours away from seeing him for the first time in 25 years. Mom did not stay alone and remarried twice. I am not going to rehash my history you want it scroll down and read past blogs.

I have been a crazy mix of nerves and emotions this past week. I am very excited to see my dad again it has been way too long. The best part is I am meeting a lot of new family members. So far I have been in contact with two aunts, three uncles, and a grandmother. Everyone of them have been amazing. I have heard nothing but positive things about my dad.

These people don't know me but have made me feel like family already. I have only experienced this once before and that was with my husbands family. There are certain people out there that are family oriented. I did not have that type of family. After dad left my grandpa got transferred to California. My mom was left in Oklahoma with no family.

As I go through this amazing journey I have been blessed to meet so many new people who have each helped me in different ways. I am so happy to have been welcomed into their lives and can't wait to see where this road goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment