Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Fathers day

I am struggling with fathers day this year. I had a hard time growing up but when I was 16 my mom married a wonderful man named Dwight. Dwight was my father figure before he and my mother married see I was best friends with his daughter April and their house was my shelter. I met April when I was 11 and we quickly became inseparable. I loved going to her house because that was the only time I was able to witness what it looked like to be loved by a dad. I soon began calling Dwight dad. Now I am trying to establish a bond with my biological father David.

I love both these men very much but in different ways. Dwight was the one to give me away at my wedding and was the one who lent his shoulder when I needed it. I want to make sure that neither of these men are hurt in anyway as I work through this. I have always loved David and wondered if he thought of me there are many questions that are slowly being answered.

Most of my childhood was spent without a father Dwight was the first to show me a fathers love then led me to Christ. I would have been lost without his influence in my life. I don't know much about David but as I learn more and more I am beginning to establish a deep bond with him. So this fathers day I want to thank both these men. I want to thank Dwight for taking a broken little girl and showing her that there is good and that she is lovable. I want to thank David for being patient with me and understanding what I need to make this work.

No comments:

Post a Comment