Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Songs that get me through

I love music and there are songs that just speak to me I can just melt into them and escape the fears and anxieties overwhelming me. When I am backed into a corner I have mastered the mental escape. My fight or flight is set to flight. I would use song lyrics to let my mind get away from what was happening to me as a child.

I wanted to share a few lines from songs that have helped me over the last few days.
"You are calling me to lay aside the worries of my day. To quiet down my busy mind and find a hiding place." Unashamed Love by Ten Shekel Shirt. This is one of my favorite songs to sing with our praise band. When I sing it or hear it I can feel Gods peace just washes over me.

Another song I just get lost in is Porcelain Heart by Barlow Girl the opening is so powerful and I wish I had this one when I was a kid "Broken heart one more time/pick yourself up, why even cry/broken pieces in your hands/wonder how you'll make it whole" This song is a cry out to God to mend a broken heart. I have played these songs repeatedly over the last few days and have let God tells me what he wants me to know through them.

The first thing God has said to me is My broken heart has already been mended God brought my father into my life to build a relationship or for closure we will see which but I know that He has a plan. Yesterday I went on a cleaning frenzy and wouldn't you know I hit random on my play list. I was elbow deep in scrubbing my stove and the top of the stove crashed down on my hand. At that moment Unashamed Love came on. I had to laugh thanks God you made it clear it was time to quiet down my busy mind.

I don't know if my blogs touch anyone else but they have helped me so much. Thank you all for your support and prayers. I also love to hear your feedback it helps me know I am not completly crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment